Sunday, September 30, 2007

Wine Making

I never knew that wine making could be so basic. I found that out about yogurt making too. In the west we make it so complicated. We have to buy all sorts of specialized gadgets to make it work when really you don't need much. For yogurt all you need is warm milk, a big jar and and a spoon of active yogurt. It's really amazing how good it is too. Wine making is a little more work intensive and I imagine it's a lot like guitar playing. Not to hard to learn the basics, but much more difficult to do it well. Our wine is almost done. I have not idea if it's drinkable or not. Dave is so proud of it. I want to put pictures of us stomping on the grapes, but for some reason I can't upload very well. Connection is probably too slow.

4 comments:

tsduff said...

I want to see Ricky and Lucy stomping grapes. Oh, I meant to say Dave and Julee. HA HA just a little toe jam for added flavor.

Kelly said...

What!?! Making your own wine? When you say it's almost done does that mean it's been fermenting awhile? Did you really stomp them or just mash them? What did you put them in? Maybe more photos are in order.

dandjschoch said...

I was thinking of Lucy too when Dave put on his big boots and stomped away. The kids all got a chance to stomp too. It was hilarious.

Mom said...

Hi gang!!
I may be a bit late with this, but I don't know how to use this blog stuff yet.
Is the 2007 Shesh I Zi ready to drink? Does it travel well? When can I expect to see it on the shelves at Beverages & More? How many cases did you make? These are all important questions that inquiring minds want answers to.8-)