Monday, October 8, 2007












These are images from one of my favorite European cites. Can you guess where? Budapest!Every time I have visited I have come away refreshed. I love the colors. I know there are still some remnants of the communist era, like big grey apartment buildings, but just look at the tiles on this roof. It makes me happy just looking at them. But it's not only the place. I have a friend, Virag, she and her husband Csaba are such an example and inspiration to me. They came to Albania with their kids, facing down the disapproval of both of their families, to help Albanian youth. They came even with great difficulties, health, education for their kids and much more. For several years we met weekly encouraging one another and sharing our woes. She had to return to Budapest due to health and other reasons and I miss her greatly.





6 comments:

tsduff said...

The tiles on that roof are amazing. Somehow I didn't realize you have been to Budapest... Dave took you along on one of his party trips, eh? I've recently added Budapest onto my list of places I need to go. (One day when I'm independently wealthy that is.. LOL)

dandjschoch said...

We've been there for a conference and then passing through on the way to the states. We had an eight hour layover and went to the Zoo. It was great. I'm not going to go into Hungarian food because it was so good that I'll spiral into a depression. LOL There is a lovely mexican place there too. Iguanas. Man! The pottery is fun too. Dave bought me several pieces while I was there

Ariel the Thief said...

I recognize the Chain Bridge and the Fisher's Tower but am unsure of the roof, 3 buildings with similar ones come to my mind but I cannot tell the difference.

I'm so happy to hear you like Budapest and made great Hungarian friends!

dandjschoch said...

You are correct about all those places. I don't think I know the name of the tiled building, but it's on the way into Budapest from the airport.

dandjschoch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Great blog! Add me to your blog email list if you don't mind.